<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4120882870454474059?origin\x3dhttp://qewrtified.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Wednesday, May 7, 2008 12:34 PM


I ought to be struck by a lightning for being such a jerk. There it was, such a calamity just across a few seas, and here I was, whining about how pathetic my life was and how unfair it is about the bus fares. Such trivial matters, when compared to the disastrous Cyclone Nargis that struck Myanmar on Saturday. I mean, last I read, the death toll was 22.5k, with around 41k missing! With the aftermath of the cyclone (air- and water-borne diseases, thirst, hunger..) I'm sure the numbers would climb. :(

Imagine, if your loved ones were in that country! Imagine the first few days of chaos, when you could not reach them on their phone! Imagine that the only form of contact you had were reduced to mere statics (and not an encouraging one at that). I'm hoping that the missing would be located safe and sound. As for the dead, I can only hope that their families would be able to cope.

Some blame the destruction of the mangrove that acted as a buffer against the sea. (see la. cut, cut cut, take take take, upset the cycle, Mother Nature also angry already) Some blame insufficient warning alarms (48hours advanced warning if i rmb correctly), some blame the government for not acting fast enough (who am I to judge?). Blame, blame, blame. Isn't it a tat too late? At least aids are pouring in, albeit restrictions. Well, I pray that things would get back to normal for the people directly involved. (at least, as much as possible) And for the relief-aiders, bless their souls!

To conclude, I shall be glad that I'm alive and thankful for all that I have. This does not mean that I'll become all holy-like though. I'll still complain and whine to my heart's content! And the time has come, for me to stop procrastinating, and to study for roly poly's test. :(





Disclaimer

This is my blog.
But.
The posts do not reflect the thoughts or opinions of either myself, my company,my friends, or my cat, or any of its fleas; don’t quote me on that; don’t quote me on anything; all rights reserved; you may distribute this content freely but you may not make a profit from it, at least not unless you PayPal my fair share; terms are subject to change without notice; illustrations are slightly enlarged to show detail, or shrunk to hide detail; any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is unintentional and purely coincidental


Her

Marie

30 June

Studied:
Chongfu Pri
Christ Church Sec
Singapore Poly

Studying:
NIE
Watch out for my mood swings. :(

Likes

Traveling :D
Thick peanut toast from Toast Box,
sleeping in while it's raining outside,
& a cup of hot milky drink when it's cold!

Targets

To be a certified first aider! 19 June'11
To be PADI certified! 1 Jan'12
PPCDL (SAF Yacht Club)!!!
Driving license!
Immunization jab D: last jab in July!

No Archives :)




Thanks

Designer: bw0kensmile-x
Image Hosting: photobucket.com
Image Hosting: imageshack.us
Image source: deviatart
Tagboard: cbox.ws.com
Cursor: dorischu