<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4120882870454474059?origin\x3dhttp://qewrtified.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Tuesday, May 6, 2008 7:27 PM


First off, I was already damned pissed. (I'll explain later on in this post) So anyway, I boarded the feeder bus to take me home. Tap in rite? Walk a bit, then tap out again rite? (cos it's a feeder bus anyway. not some long distance rides) Sooooo, those in front of me using adult cards happily tapped out, and the card reader minus-ed S$0.42. So I was cheered up, cos i tot i managed to get on the off-peak hour bus. BUT nooooooooooooooooooooo! When I tapped, the card reader cheerfully deducted S$0.67. Seriously, #$#*%*($&%&#(*#$(kjh#$*&*$#$! OKAY, S$0.25 is not much, you think. Times that 2 times (rides/day) then by 5 times (rides/week) then by 4 (cost/mth) and then, by 12 (cost/year) see how much lor. (S$120) So never mind lor. It cheated my feelings. :( So. I wrote in to the translink feedback thing. And no, i dont care if it's not the correct place to post. I dunno, dont wanna know and dont care. I just needed to air this out! I mean, seriously! It's 'bout time Poly students voiced out on things that matter! Plus, it's MY pocket money they're looting :( 1/3 spent on travelling lehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! T_T copy paste in case i really post in wrong place =/
[scroll down till bolded words]
Good day, I am currently a student studying in Singapore Polytechnic. However, I have realised that for bus fares, while our (students)fares are fixed at $0.67, irregardless of the time, adults get to enjoy the $0.42 fares, paying $0.67 probably during peak hours.
I was just behind a lady today at around 6/6.30pm when she tapped in. She tapped out after reaching the machine. The fares deducted was only $0.42 whereas mine was $0.67. And she was not the only one.
Junior College students paying the primary/secondary rates($0.35?), I can understand, being government aided and all. But to expect Poly students already paying a hefty school fee, to cough up $0.67/ride, while working adults or adults in general gets $0.42/ride? That is ridiculous.
Bus concessions you say? Yes, but most of us do not live minutes away from the station. Thus, most of us would have to take a bus and then, a train. So a Hybrid concession! Sure. But $97? Adding up the total fares, its around that range. Isn't concessions supposed to help us save money? Well, what about MRT concession then? With 4 rides/day and costing only $45, you cannot possibly complain! True, but 4 rides/day is excessive. Can't we have an option to choose the rides/day, and paying accordingly? (E.g. 2rides/day for a mth -> $22.50)
Does it mean that we are supposed to work in addition to schooling? Would that not disrupt our education? Project work especially? Is TransitLink wanting to promote the sales of adult ez-link card? Because that is what I would be doing, if that is what they pushed me to. And no, I doubt this would be considered fare cheating. I'm a youth, using an adult card. Isn't the company supposed to earn more this way?
Thank you for your time and I hope this reaches the person(s)-in-charge. I really do hope they will look into it and adjust the system accordingly.

I know my Eng teacher will say its a bad letter, due to all the emotions in it. The ideal complaint letter should be void of emotions right? maybe i rmb-ed wrongly. Dont care. At least the grammar and all is correct. Next.

*insert all the vulgarities and bad words of the world here, please.* Since my practical ended 1.30-ish pm today and having time to kill until 4pm, I went back to my beloved school to collect my testimonial. Bus reached bus stop, rain poured. SERIOUSLY POURED. Like. suddenly someone above on tap lidat. So i battled the downpour and reached the school with soaking wet shoes and feet. As Marie knows, Marie hates getting her feet wet. Any other parts can get wet, and she wouldn't care. But feet... Anw, Marie was still happy because it brought back fond memories. She was still happy when she found out that instead of getting all her CCA records and testimonial, she got only a testimonial. She was still smiling when she left the school and met with the retarded glare of the sun. (since she had an umbrella) She even thanked her lucky stars that the bus came fast enough! In short, Marie was happy.

She was happy until she alighted from the bus and who else does she meet, (no, not the handsome hunks) but the toad named gary? walaoooooooooooo. His shirt was buttoned till the collar and was the colour of the uniform MRT stuffs/bus drivers wear. I thought he was a bus driver or something! (he, being but a mere stranger to me) Then suay suay, he was taking the train heading towards Jurong East.
SO, i had the 'pleasure' to stand with him all the way there. I think it 's 20minutes? OMG HELP ME PLOX. Then, as per what happened the other time, he talked while I stared outside and uttered replies (i know. its rude. but what else could i have done? scream bloody murder?) He willingly contributed info about his life (im very interested. seriously! believe me! im really interested! *if u cant sense the sacarsm, sorry* *sense it now?*) After a while, he turned on his speed dating radar again. "oh, apart from sleeping and studying, what else do u do in ur free time?" (PLEASE LA. 1 day = 24hours. 8hr sleep, wake, go sch, come back plus minus around 7pm, what can be done already? grocery shopping? home visits?) HOMEWORK OR CRAPPING AROUND THE HOUSE RITE. And that is NOT considered a hobby rite. [in fact, sleeping and studying is so not my hobby but who is he to ask! >=( ]
Plus, while he was trying to extract info and vomiting out unwanted informations, he kept pushing the conversation towards relationships. That's not the worst okay. I like crapping about myself, TO TEH RIGHT PEOPLES! the worst part was, :( he kept jumping to conclusion! "oh i tot u like green, cos u were wearing green" zzzzzzzzzzzz GREEN IS THE LEAST FAVOURITE OF ALL COLOURS. 'oh, i tot u want a watch' SINCE WHEN! SINCE WHEN HAVE I EVER ADORN MY HANDS AND ARMS AND FINGERS AND WHAT, NERVES AND BLOOD WITH JEWELRY! goddddd. then the way he laughs, is soooooo gay. like. like. OH. like mr kiasu?


Actually, he doesn't laugh. He giggles. Then he covers his mouth like. The way u know? when cartoon characters goes "heee heeeeeee heeeeeeeeee"? yeah. Damn gross i tell ye. Oh god. I don't wanna think anymore about it. If we ever meet up darlings, lend me your ears :(
OH. last! I HAVE TO SAY THIS. LOL.

Hi marie, do u mind if we start to know each other better from now onwards? Only if u feel that i am the right guy for u then u let us advance further. OK? [Do note that, in our conversation, i had specifically stated that I am NOT interested in getting a guy. In a lighthearted way, i had also aimed this at him] PLEASE! can a guy be even more thick skulled? Replied with a negative, he was like, okay, let's remain friends then! I had, in our previous msn conversations, stated that he was merely an acquintence. (that is to put it in a nice way. in a bad but true way, it means he sucks. he should stay farrrrr away and remain there, as a stranger)

lastest last! his english sucks big time. borrow and lend is different, buster. as long as someone's english is worst than mine, he's not bgr material. Unless he has enough money and determination to correct it, AND if im not irritated by the mere sight of him. For friends, anything goes!

I hate myself for being so bad. But i should not lie to myself. and today's been a bad day. I mean, come on. A girl can stand only that much torture a day!





Disclaimer

This is my blog.
But.
The posts do not reflect the thoughts or opinions of either myself, my company,my friends, or my cat, or any of its fleas; don’t quote me on that; don’t quote me on anything; all rights reserved; you may distribute this content freely but you may not make a profit from it, at least not unless you PayPal my fair share; terms are subject to change without notice; illustrations are slightly enlarged to show detail, or shrunk to hide detail; any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is unintentional and purely coincidental


Her

Marie

30 June

Studied:
Chongfu Pri
Christ Church Sec
Singapore Poly

Studying:
NIE
Watch out for my mood swings. :(

Likes

Traveling :D
Thick peanut toast from Toast Box,
sleeping in while it's raining outside,
& a cup of hot milky drink when it's cold!

Targets

To be a certified first aider! 19 June'11
To be PADI certified! 1 Jan'12
PPCDL (SAF Yacht Club)!!!
Driving license!
Immunization jab D: last jab in July!

No Archives :)




Thanks

Designer: bw0kensmile-x
Image Hosting: photobucket.com
Image Hosting: imageshack.us
Image source: deviatart
Tagboard: cbox.ws.com
Cursor: dorischu