<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4120882870454474059?origin\x3dhttp://qewrtified.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Tuesday, June 24, 2008 2:54 PM


Advertisement!



Okay, so around 2 days before I was to set off for Thailand, I was suffering from this cough thing. So, wanting to ensure that I'll be in tip-top conditions while overseas, I went to buy this cough medication from Watsons or Guardian (S$10.00). I overdosed on it as I didn't have the measuring spoon. (I simply used those plastic spoon available when you take-away food). However, apart from sleeping for about 12 hours +++ straight, I didn't die from over dosage. Best of all, my horrible cough was cured completely within 2 days! So yeah. If your having a cough (dry) or sore throat or both, get this! They have different flavours too! (for dry cough; wet cough; etc) But this taste nicest! (strawberry mint) =)

So end of advertisement. If you want, I can let you try~ XD

Thailand. Suitably dubbed the Land Of Smiles indeed. Millions of reason; zillions of emotions. How long before I get to go there again? I miss it so. Maybe I shouldn't have left Singapore at all. I mean, would you settle for something less when you've had a taste of something better? Not if you could help it right? Ah, Thailand~! Okay, I'll stop lamenting about the could have beens and show some photos I took. OH!

Another advertisement!


http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/mobilephones/overview/k810i?cc=sg&lc=en

The humble SE k810i. The phone I've been using since Jan'08. Though unassuming in looks, I love it. It's quite polite too! When the ear piece got whacked by me and fell out, it asks if I wanted to continue playing the song on loudspeaker or not! Not only that, for alarms, it starts off with the vibration only. Then it'll be vibration + alarm. Then gradually, it'll build up in volume. See - it lets you wake up nicely! Some just blast out the alarm and gives you a rude shock.

Not only is it polite, it's camera function's quite good too! For normal, everyday use in any case. 3.2 megapix. Video's quite laggy though. But whadaheck! It's good overall. The camera has this 'document' function too! It allows me to take those wonderfully clear pictures, including words! So, its a good phone. And by now, it should be very cheap. Can't wait till I graduate, when I can move on to an even better phone by SE! =D All the photos in this blog had been taken by this darling SE k81oi (:

The food I had

Day 1's food looked pathetic and unhealthy but, BUT! It was delicious. It was so very savory! It's like satay, only tender-er and tastier. :D



We ate it at a road-side stall; in a night market



Day 2 was better; we ate in a restaurant!

Breakfast - Dunking donuts!


But it was a disappointment. I was expecting warm, crispy donut but all I got was this. this.. soggy donut! Like those lousy neighbourhood bakery kind. So I was rather upset while cousin was depressed. She was so depressed, she fell asleep while waiting for the train to take us to Ayatthuya. lol!

Tea-break!


I developed a love for coconut juice after going Thailand. But... the coconuts back home is just.. different! =( Look! the coconut in the picture... doesn't it look sooooo appealing? It obviously screaming "DRINK ME; EAT ME!" And it was such a hot day that day, and the juice was sooo cold! Omg. coconut withdrawal. >.<

Dinner-

Its a steam-boaty thing. The soup base? It was a totally new experience! The taste was refreshing and new enough for me, Marie, to drink the soup! (Lizzo, I know. I'm being unhealthy >.<)

Day 3- Breakfast



Supper! (again, its unhealthy, but heck. I'm on a holiday)


Just look at the octopus! Sscaryyyyy. Tom yum soup. :)

Day 4 - Last meal.. T_T

Phat Thai, eaten at a roadside stall in the weekend market.



The hostel!


For S$40/night, the hostel is totally worthwhile. It's like a hotel, with all those fluffy pillows and all! Okay, it's a tad small, but as a tourist, we're not really in the room to do anything else but sleep right. :D

And and and! I bought this cool 500ml soya bean milk! You don't see 500ml packet drinks in Singapore, do you. =D



places I went; mainly Ayatthuya

On the way there by a railway train. Okay, I'm really a toad in the well, but, it's my first railway train (open-air) experience! Sigh. If only you were there with me.

The station, the train and the track! =D



Then we took a ferry.



A ride, and...

Tada!



It was so fun! We climbed the steps up, and were crab-walking down. Then we climbed the other steps up, and we decided to take a short-cut by going round the building! W/O safety harnesses and all, and carrying our big big bags. But heck, it was very safe. =)
That's why, one must always travel while young. I mean, our parents would probably never have allowed us to do what we had done! :D And at the top of the steps, it was very windy. It's quite tranquil too! So I just sat there and thought about stuffs. Mainly, I thought about you. The whole trip, I was thinking about you and how you would have loved this place like I do. Thoughts about the could haves, the ifs and the would have beens... Do you even care? I doubt so. I miss you. :(

See! This is absolutely something you don't see in Singapore, except in the Zoo! (and thank god for that, but still. Nature~)

To end off, look at their MRT stations! It's similar to those in Japan! Except for the ticketing thing. It looks and works like the swimming pool ticketing thing I used to use long long ago.


And I know why the Thais are so slim now. They climb those steps everyday!



Missing Thailand already but I shan't complain about Sg. I shall grin and bear it. I shall; I have to. :(
Would things be different had I been more out-going? I changed a lot after you left you know. Would our paths ever cross again? If it does, would it be too late already? Was those days the days you gave me, to try to mend things? I'm hopeless in those kinda things! But oh, you should know that oh-too-well. I guess that's it then. But I just can't let go; and I can't make the first move. Technically, I can, but... Sigh. Life would be so much brighter. :(





Disclaimer

This is my blog.
But.
The posts do not reflect the thoughts or opinions of either myself, my company,my friends, or my cat, or any of its fleas; don’t quote me on that; don’t quote me on anything; all rights reserved; you may distribute this content freely but you may not make a profit from it, at least not unless you PayPal my fair share; terms are subject to change without notice; illustrations are slightly enlarged to show detail, or shrunk to hide detail; any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is unintentional and purely coincidental


Her

Marie

30 June

Studied:
Chongfu Pri
Christ Church Sec
Singapore Poly

Studying:
NIE
Watch out for my mood swings. :(

Likes

Traveling :D
Thick peanut toast from Toast Box,
sleeping in while it's raining outside,
& a cup of hot milky drink when it's cold!

Targets

To be a certified first aider! 19 June'11
To be PADI certified! 1 Jan'12
PPCDL (SAF Yacht Club)!!!
Driving license!
Immunization jab D: last jab in July!

No Archives :)




Thanks

Designer: bw0kensmile-x
Image Hosting: photobucket.com
Image Hosting: imageshack.us
Image source: deviatart
Tagboard: cbox.ws.com
Cursor: dorischu