<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4120882870454474059?origin\x3dhttp://qewrtified.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Monday, October 27, 2008 7:24 PM


Okay, because I so don't wanna be summarizing and memorizing the MB notes, I figured that I should still spend time wisely, by saying how I so miss Oita!

Finally, after sooooo many weeks, pictures! (:

For home-stay, I got to stay in this oh-so-beautiful house, with an oh-so-pretty garden! lol. I kid you not. It's really really pretty. =)
And my host mama's a real nice person! Her son too! =D

ImageHost.org Momsy drew this. :)

ImageHost.org And this's my view from the room. The garden!!

ImageHost.org
And trying on the kimono was one of the activities we did. Lovely garden right!

And we went several places like the place mentioned some post back (i cant rmb the name. lol), Dazaifu and of course, onsen! However, due to obvious reasons, I don't have photos of the hotsprings. Sad to disappoint! XD

ImageHost.org
While bro drove us around. Sigh, the crisp, clear air; the lovely blue skies, the mountains, the fields, the openness! :(

ImageHost.org ImageHost.org
Just from the photo itself, you can roughly tell how wonderful the weather was! :D
And I was here! Jealous? =P

ImageHost.org ImageHost.org
A little further up, is this school. I bet the kids there aren't grateful for the beauty that's all around them, being the humans we all are.. But just imagine when its around March, with the sakuras and other flowers in full bloom! omgggggg. I WILL be there in March one day.

ImageHost.org
And at another place, I witnessed a traditional Japanese wedding!! And that's the bride, all clad in white. I want want want to wear like that for my wedding! But wait, I want a budget wedding! Oh, the dilema. Anyways, the guardian cow, with its' gentle look - calms one down doesn't it.
In fact, everything about the home stay was tranquil.

ImageHost.orgImageHost.org

ImageHost.org

And all too soon, I was escorted to the bus to take me to ONCT, the school we're supposed to meet. Appropriately, it was raining.

ImageHost.org

So anyway, this's the room Cheryl and I were sharing. Hopefully, she didn't mind my messiness!>.< ImageHost.org ImageHost.org

And the cute toy's Oita's mascot. Cute right! =D
And below, we were all like, playing with our reflections. See the reason why I wanna be taller?

ImageHost.orgImageHost.org

It's The ideal perfect day, no? :(
ImageHost.org ImageHost.org

And even if it's cloudy, it's still beautiful!

ImageHost.org

And another classic English error made by a Japanese. Lol!
ImageHost.org

So then, it was the last few days of our visit in Japan, and we were allowed a day of free and easy! Since the shops only open from 10am onwards, I went some places near the shopping area. Like some kiasu Singaporean, I know. =P

So just some random pictures!

My room at the inn, followed by how I see the world, without specs.

IMG_3081.jpg (393 KB) IMG_3096.jpg (304 KB)

On my way to the place I'm going. The alphabets 'P', 'M' and 'S' caught my eyes. XD
And the crows over there are HUGE! Monstrous, I tell ye! Just look at them!
IMG_3100.jpg (343 KB) IMG_3144.jpg (802 KB) IMG_3135.jpg (572 KB)

Last part of the post, FOOD! Omg, it's because they eat such good food that they're so polite, and their country, so... amazing!
IMG_2573.jpg (393 KB)
Just compare this airplane food, to the ones below!!! Okay, the food on the plane was nice, but it's NOTHING compared to those I ate in Japan!

Breakfast and tea break during home-stay
IMG_2643.jpg (447 KB) IMG_2722.jpg (384 KB)

And and, guess where we ate all the food below!
IMG_2748.jpg (415 KB) IMG_2802.jpg (421 KB) IMG_2803.jpg (388 KB) IMG_2893.jpg (421 KB) IMG_3043.jpg (408 KB) IMG_3067.jpg (385 KB)

SCHOOL CANTEEN! And they're really nice okay. I didn't even miss dessert!

More amazingly cheap and delicious items. It's really unfair okay. The takoyakis here are so overpriced! I'm willingly to pay you know, if they taste exactly like the ones in Japan! :(
IMG_3019.jpg (596 KB)IMG_3151.jpg (429 KB)

And on the last night, at the place we ate the yaki nikus, I drank some i forgot what, rice wine? Taste wise... uhm. I don't quite fancy it.
IMG_3153.jpg (452 KB)

So yaki niku's supper, while this was dinner!

IMG_3089.jpg (380 KB)IMG_3088.jpg (463 KB)

Lol. Must advertise. Though at 637 yen, and by far, the most expensive chawamusi I've ever eaten, get this. IT WAS TOTALLY WORTH IT!
The egg, it was so delicate, even the silken tofu's tougher! Not only that, there were fish, chicken, ginko nuts, shrimp, prawns and the various mushrooms in it! A treasure in a pot! And and and, the fish was so so sooooooo fresh! I've almost never eaten a fish that fresh! The prawn and shrimp too! They were done just so that when I bit through it, it have that bounce only prawns can have, if you know what I mean. And the fish roe! I've never eaten fish roe before, but because it was expensive, I had to eat it. And guess what? I don't have ANY regrets at all! My first experience with roes, and it was an excellent one. Yay!

Lastly, for the dinner on the 2nd last night, I HAD to spam on the fish, because fish there were just SO fresh!! Not only were they fresh, they were SO so nicely done! I'll be letting myself down were I not to have eaten them! Really!

IMG_3042.jpg (458 KB)

And sigh. The food on the flight back. That was when reality really seeped in.

IMG_3156.jpg (355 KB)

Could I please stay in my happy happy bubble? D:
And not have to go for the opening of the barrage?
And travel to all the places I wanna go?
And eat everything without consequences?
I guess not.
So. Sleep!
Heck the notes to be memorized! BURNNNNN!





Disclaimer

This is my blog.
But.
The posts do not reflect the thoughts or opinions of either myself, my company,my friends, or my cat, or any of its fleas; don’t quote me on that; don’t quote me on anything; all rights reserved; you may distribute this content freely but you may not make a profit from it, at least not unless you PayPal my fair share; terms are subject to change without notice; illustrations are slightly enlarged to show detail, or shrunk to hide detail; any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is unintentional and purely coincidental


Her

Marie

30 June

Studied:
Chongfu Pri
Christ Church Sec
Singapore Poly

Studying:
NIE
Watch out for my mood swings. :(

Likes

Traveling :D
Thick peanut toast from Toast Box,
sleeping in while it's raining outside,
& a cup of hot milky drink when it's cold!

Targets

To be a certified first aider! 19 June'11
To be PADI certified! 1 Jan'12
PPCDL (SAF Yacht Club)!!!
Driving license!
Immunization jab D: last jab in July!

No Archives :)




Thanks

Designer: bw0kensmile-x
Image Hosting: photobucket.com
Image Hosting: imageshack.us
Image source: deviatart
Tagboard: cbox.ws.com
Cursor: dorischu